At a Zoom meeting of the Board of Directors on Sept. 15, 2020 it was agreed to call for nominations to fill a total of eight vacant director positions of the Board.
According to the Bylaws of the Tri-Cities Alano Club (the Club), the Board consists of 12 Directors who manage the operations of the Club and prepare and enforce rules regulating use of the Club House by its Members and others.
Term limits are established so that four Director positions become vacant each year. These vacant positions are to be elected by active Club members to serve three-year terms. This year, due to resignations, there are four additional vacant positions, as follows:
• 2-year term: 2 positions
• 1-year term: 2-positions
Eligibility Requirements for Director
• To be eligible to stand for election to the Board of Directors, candidates must be active members of the Club, with annual dues paid in full for the current year.
• Candidates must have one year of sobriety if they are members of Alcoholics Anonymous or one year of recovery if they are members of Al Anon.
Who can nominate and vote for candidates for open positions on the Board?
• Any active member of the Club (annual dues paid in full for the current year) may nominate a Club member for election to the Board.
• To nominate a member, please include the candidate’s full name and phone number.
How and where to send nominations
Nominations may be submitted in three ways:
• Send a message using the Contact Us form on the Club website: https://tri-citiesalanoclub.org/
• By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• In writing addressed to Tri-Cities Alano Club, P.O. Box 637, Grand Haven, MI 49417
How to pay for new or renewal Club membership
• The following information is required:
o Full Name
• Send personal check made payable to “Tri-Cities Alano Club” for $20 to:
3490 Orchid Meadows Lane
Muskegon, MI 49444
Nominations are open up to and including the day of the election which will be conducted via Zoom meeting. Meeting date to be determined. Next Board meeting is scheduled for Sept. 30, 2020 (Zoom) to review nominations and schedule the annual meeting date when elections will take place. Meeting date will be posted on the Club website and sent via email lists. Any questions please contact a Board member or send a message via Contact Us.