The meeting of the Tri-Cities Alano Club Board was called to order at 6:00 p.m. October 20, 2020 with Steve G. presiding.
Attendance was taken: Present: Steve G., Tim A., Kerry M., Tony D., David J., April A., Joan R., Kathy H., Cathy C., Devin VS, Ken N., Patrick L. New board members were introduced and welcomed.
Following nominations, officers were elected as follows:
It was decided that committee assignments would be tabled to a later date as the most pressing issue was how and when to reopen the Club for regular meetings. No motions were voted on, however discussion summaries follow:
* Postings on the doors are needed to explain regulations for attendance.
* Capacity limits: 20 people in the main room; five in the back room.
* To comply with State and health department mandates regarding face masks, those refusing to wear a mask will be asked to leave.
* Kerry suggested posting a greeter at the door.
* Dave suggested we offer masks at the door. Each meeting would supply masks.
* Kevin suggested that we remove extra chairs, leaving only the maximum allowed to comply with safe-distancing.
* Patrick suggested we not allow coffee or beverages in the building, eliminating the need
to remove masks.
* Each meeting will be held accountable for enforcing rules.
It was agreed that the Board needed more time to research and finalize rules and procedures to enable the Club re-opening. All directors agreed that we want to see the Club re-open as soon as it is safe to do so. The next meeting will be scheduled based on director availability within the next ten days and minutes will be posted as soon as possible.
Meeting was adjourned at 6:40 p.m.
The special election meeting was attended by five Board members and three Club members. Due to State of Michigan and Ottawa County Public Health Department mandates, face mask-wearing, social distancing, and room occupancy limits (10 people) were observed.
After nominations and ballot voting were closed, three non-candidate members volunteered to tally the ballots. The results are as follows:
Elected to 3-year terms:
Elected to 2-year terms
Elected to 1-year terms
Alternates may be installed on the Board to fill vacant positions if they occur before the next election. Vote tallies determine the order: